Sunday, July 6, 2008

Baby Nash

A message from my friend Kelly who has been communicating with Tracy...the results from the autopsy.


I talked to Tracy again today before I go see her tomorrow, and she gave me the results of the autopsy. I know that a lot of you were wondering, so I thought I'd send out an email with the info. Basically, Nash had 2 heart abnormalities...one congenital and one not. Both were things that wouldn't be detected with any routine baby wellness check. In fact, the doctor said that one was extremely rare and he's only seen it one other time. The doctor also said that although Tate (their 2 year old) seems just fine, for Tracy and Brad's own peace of mind, they're going to get him checked by a pediatric cardiologist when they get back to Dallas.

That's the scoop--she said the funeral was hard and she's glad it's over, but also that the people did a very nice job.

He had two cusps (sp?) instead of three (the congenital condition Kelly mentioned) and some extra tissue that I believe was causing a lot of blockage. The two things combined just were too much for his little heart to handle.

Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers for this family. I know they appreciate it =)

No comments:

The Hazelwood Headlines