Monday, October 13, 2008

Another Medical Adventure...


Caiden got an ant bite on Sunday that caused his hand to swell pretty good but then got bite again this afternoon. That bite reached the size of a quarter within 10 minutes so I decided to take him in to the Dr. Of course, the pediatrician office was closed and the Pediatric After Hours office is 30 minutes away, so we went back to the FastER clinic 10 minutes away. While we were there, Caiden started breaking out into a dark red rash around his ears which quickly spread to his tummy and back. They gave him a shot of steroids to help with the reaction and kept him there for over an hour. He never had trouble breathing, but of course I was having a panic attack thinking something worse was going to happen.
Jon had football games, so I called Poppy. He came to stay with us to make sure everything was okay and watched Caiden so I could go back out to get the medicine from the pharmacy.

So far so good...we'll see what he looks like in the morning!

You can see the bite on his hand in the first pic and the ankle bite in the last one...



2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh Debbie! Please call me if you ever need me to do anything...I'm still around the corner from you!

Amanda said...

Oh poor baby! Poor mommy too. :)

The Hazelwood Headlines