Monday, August 10, 2009

First Day of School!


Caiden's first day at Summit was today and boy was he ready to go! We had been reading several books about going to school and talking about what he would do and who he teacher was. He had a new sleep sack and was more excited about that than anything! He walked right in this morning, said hi to Mrs. Shannon, and went straight back to his room. Trevor walked him in and after a kiss goodbye, he was gone! Since it was so easy for him, I was okay. I thought I'd leave crying, but I held it together!

He had a pretty good day~no accidents and I think he ate his lunch (corn dogs!) However, naptime was a little rough. He was crying so Trevor came and laid with him. I guess that's the perk of being friends with the owner =) And, apparently, if he can take a nap without crying for the rest of the week, he gets to go out on the boat again!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hey - where did you get Caiden's nap mat? We are signing Reagan up for preschool 2x a week so I can do school work (I know, I"m spoiled!) & need a nap mat. Can you monogram it for me too???

The Hazelwood Family said...

Summit sells them! And yes, I can. But, I'm not getting away with doing things for free =)

The Barner Bunch said...

Ahhh I know that was a hard day (for you anyway). Glad to see his is adjusting so well already!!! I dread taking Barrett.

The Hazelwood Headlines