Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"I Gotta Roll"

Caiden has a Trike-a-Thon at school in a few weeks and I hesitated signing him up. Not because we didn't want to raise money for St. Jude's, but because the kid has a monster tractor that goes by the push of a pedal. Totally not the same as "bike riding." So, I started thinking about it, and realized how sad he would be when all of his friends brought their bikes to school, and he didn't have his. Oh well if his teachers have to push him to make it around one lap!

We bought him a helmet (they have to have one, so now do we have to get one too?!) and decided today was the day he was going to attempt riding his tricycle. Thinking he wouldn't go anywhere, I snapped a picture of him right away!

The little guy did SO stinkin' good! He pedaled all the way around to the park (and then of course had to stop and play!) Jon had to push start him and guide him a little and then he was able to take off on his own-as long as it wasn't uphill!
He met a little boy at the park who he called "the red boy" because he had on a red shirt! When we left he told the red boy, "I gotta roll!" Ha-Where do they get these things?

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Cute! I love the "I gotta roll!"

The Hazelwood Headlines