Thursday, April 15, 2010

Breaking the News...

Since my appointment today went really well (strong heartbeat: 162bpm) we decided to tell Caiden he news at dinner. The first thing we said was that he was going to be a big brother. He laughed and said, "Are you kidding me?!" We are so sad we didn't have the video camera going because it was hysterical!

He didn't really get it at first...after we explained that he may have a little sister (like Rosie on Cailiou) or a brother (like Max on Max and Ruby) he said, "I don't want a sister!" (Is that a sign!?) So, we made it clear that we didn't know what the baby would be yet.

He totally doesn't get WHY the baby is in my tummy either. He said, "You ate it?" Haha. Really? We told him God puts the baby there so he/she can grow in a safe place and he just kept asking, "Why?"

This is exactly why I wasn't in a huge hurry to tell him...I knew he just would get why the baby is inside of me! But, he was excited once we told him all of the fun things he would get to do to help us. Then, he forgot about the whole conversation in less than 30 seconds and wanted more chips and salsa!

2 comments:

The Barner Bunch said...

So I take it y'all were at Chilis...his favorite place??? ha Awesome. I'm glad he is AWARE now, but it will really sink in once your belly starts to grow!!! Good times. I can't wait to hear about all the questions and comments he will have for you! ha

Tiffany said...

That would have been so fun to watch/hear. He's going to be a GREAT big brother!

The Hazelwood Headlines