Saturday, November 15, 2008

Twilight

OMG...I can not believe how drawn in to this book I was. People who know me well, know I am not a fan of science fiction and vampire stuff. But, holy cow, the conversations and media surrounding this book really got me curious. Several teachers at my school have been reading the series and are going to see the movie as soon as it comes out.

So, I bit the dust, and asked my friend Amy if I could borrow her copy (THANK YOU!!!) I told myself I was going to try to get into it know it was not my typical read. I read a few pages at work and was pretty interested and could not wait to get home to start really reading.

I read a few pages here and there, and then read from 8pm-1am. I could NOT find a stopping point, nor did I want to! I finished the book this morning...all 498 pages in less than 24 hours! I was hooked. Only once have I been that intrigued with a book (The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks) and it was SO fun reading something that had me so consumed.

Needless to say, a co-worker and I are going at 12:02 am Friday morning to see the movie and I can't wait! There are three more books in the series and I am TRYING so hard not to start book two until I see the movie.

If you are not a science fiction person, I still highly recommend you read this book. More than anything, it is a love story, and that's the part that suckered me in!

3 comments:

James & Kelly said...

We're going the second weekend...that's all I did the last two weeks before school started was read the whole series...love it!!!

The Barner Bunch said...

Go Edward! ha ha Let's get us a T-shirt and wear them to school!

Amanda said...

I saw that Amy was reading this too and also saw a preview for the movie last night. It looks good! Maybe I will try to read it too!

The Hazelwood Headlines